Saturday, October 1, 2011

First things first...
I started by disassembling the bike so I could get the ugly purple paint media blasted off of the frame... That's where the trouble started.





So as I was tearing down the bike I was having trouble finding the frame serial number, this is when I started taking my first close at the frame... The term sketchy best describes what I saw, the welds were horrible to be kind, the seat post was cracked right in half, WTF?, a previous owner had welded the oil filter adapter right to the frame with abilities so lacking it would make the Chinese cringe.
It just so happens I have a buddy who is a TIG welder extraordinaire and has built many bike frames, so I had the frame blasted and it is now in his shop awaiting some serious love.

No comments:

Post a Comment